Friday

Profile: Robyn Doyle of Charmed Public Relations




As a mother and entrepreneur, Robin Tolkan-Doyle wanted to help other people promote their company. In 2006 she started Charmed PR. “I (noticed) that I was always having friends ask me for advice about how to get their businesses noticed by the media. Since I was beginning to sound like a broken record, I thought I might try helping some of them with press releases. Then, product request started coming in and before I knew it, I had a real public relations agency on my hands,” she says.

No stranger to the business Doyle started her career in Magazines. “I went from an editorial assistant at the L.A. bureau of People Magazine to staff writer for BOP Magazine to a beauty editor for Jump Magazine.” It was at Jump where she started her own hair accessories company, Wrap Star, and ran it for five years. Her accessories were sold to stores such as Fred Segal and Henri Bendel. “I learned how to make the most of my company by pursuing public relations with the media and got my products in publications such as InStyle, Glamour and Lucky.” Between all of her experience working with publicists as a magazine editor and freelance writer as well as promoting her own companies, she developed a strong understanding of the business.

Robin loves the excitement and unpredictability of PR. Just this week she received a call from a fashion editor for a national women’s magazine who wanted to feature a Unique Vintage, one of her clients, dress similar to Michelle Obama’s Inaugural gown for a morning show segment. “You can’t help getting caught up in all of it…..it’s exciting,” she says.
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: