Monday

The Power of Now




Many times we hear how important it is to live in the present moment. Depending on the circumstance it is easier said than done. For Adam Rothenhaus, it all started in 1996 when “he developed a consciousness of present moment,” from then he embraced the power of now and encouraged others to do the same by creating the now watch. He shares his journey with Calming Corners.

CC: Why do you think the power of now is so important?
AR: The present moment captures the miracle of life and enriches our experience. It turns the mundane into a miracle, the ordinary into something beautiful, fear into love, worry into calm, and mindlessness into mindfulness. The present moment is fundamental to all things good and valuable.

CC: What inspired you to create the now watch?
AR: In 1996 I developed a consciousness of the present moment. It was my personal search for truth, reality, God and love. I read books and spoke with people who helped me gain an appreciation for living in the present. After truly embracing the terminology I shared what I discovered with other people. Many people told me they didn’t want to put in the effort to absorb the message. I felt compelled to simplify the message and the idea for the now watch came to me in 2001. It sat in the back of my mind, and in 2005 it came to the forefront. The watch seemed like a perfect, tangible, concrete and simple way to share the message that would impact people both on a material and spiritual level.

CC: How has your life changed since you created the now watch?
AR: It has compelled me to have presence in my life. There are times when I am not present especially when I am thinking about the future. I have experienced an uncanny amount of synchronicity in my life.

CC: What are your future goals?
AR: I want to continue to deepen my connection to the present moment and help other people bring more presence to their life. I would like to continue the now watch community and connect with more and more people and organizations that are doing similar work.

For more information on the now watch visit www.thenowwatch.com.
Sphere: Related Content

3 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Great interview!! I could definitely learn about the power of now because I'm always thinking towards the future instead of enjoying the present. Thanks for this piece!

Couture Carrie said...

What a great reminder to stay in the moment!!

xoxox,
CC

beautylogicblog said...

Amazing reminder to stay in the moment. I def live towards the present but most time in the past.