Wednesday

Quinoa: Protein Power Without the Meat


As an individual who is down to just eating fish (as flesh), it is truly important to find ways to get protein along with amino acids in my diet. Quinoa (pronounced Keen-wah) is a power food that not only has protein with all 8 essential amino acids, it is packed with magnesium, calcium, vitamin C, B and E.

This grain is dated back to 3,000 B.C. in areas of South American Andes. Now found prominently in Chile and Peru, this power grain is not as popular in the United States although, it can be found in many health food stores.

Quinoa can be prepared and included in many different ways. It can be boiled and eaten as a morning cereal, included in dishes like tabouli, or it can be added in salad or soup.


Will you try Quinoa?

What do you eat besides meat for protein?
xo,
CC
Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Phyllis Bourne said...

Like you, I get the majority of my protein from fish.

I haven't had quinoa, but plan to try it soon.

BonafideLatina~ said...

I really like Quinoa, I have had it 3 times...my friend has made it for me...I just haven't had time to makeit myself...

I would like to add it to my meals though...